[ PUBLIC DRAFT – or MinimumValuablePage 😉 ]
That task “make an entry page for all-things-journaling” has been sleeping long enough on my personal backlog-ish list. Now after my first remote talk on more than a decade journaling experience at Agile Monday Nueremberg (#AMNUE) I do a crazy thing: I JUST START that page NOW.
Expect frequent changes to happen here. Some topics might even evolve into separate articles or pages. As always, I love to hear your feedback, requests and thoughts, so contact me over one of the channels you find on my business page respectandadapt.rocks
Related articles available on my blog
The most popular articles are:
- my series on journaling (start here)
- the one about habit building in the context of journaling
- my series with 10 reasons on Why NOT to start Bullet Journaling (start here)
Also, I suggest to have a look at the articles in following tags:
- journaling: https://notebook.cosima-laube.de/blog/tag/journaling/
- habits: https://notebook.cosima-laube.de/blog/tag/habits/
- retrospectives: https://notebook.cosima-laube.de/blog/tag/retrospectives/
Within those tags I already shared a bunch of thoughts and experiences about journaling. Also there are some pitfalls I dealt with
successfully good enough during my journaling journey.
On the different journaling variants
I created a new separate article with an overview of different methods for written self-reflection.
It aims to help you choose a (new) journaling book or decide to try out a different style – because different situations in life, different contexts and different experiences require different, individual approaches.
Possible Journals to start with…
Type ‘Guided free-style’
- book: Carroll, Ryder; The Bullet Journal Method – Track the past, order the present, design the future; 2018
- https://bulletjournal.com/pages/learn (didn’t use this myself so far and got it recommended so many times by e.g. participants in my sessions that I share it here as well)
- [Klarheit Journal] https://halloklarheit.de
- [The6minDiary] The 6-minute-diary (https://createurbestself.com/)
- [Hooper] The Diary for Valued Action
SOME impulses for ‘freestyle journaling’
- Scrum Master’s Diary / Manager’s Diary
- How I care for me & How we care for us as a team (indivdual or team freestyle journaling exercise). Here’s a free “taster” for that exercise (link to UPCOMING blog article).
You want MORE on journaling?
Here’s a (German) podcast…
Earlier in 2020 I had the pleasure to be a guest in Marc Loeffler’s Passionate Teams Podcast. Unfortunately for non-German speakers, it is in German language. And you can tune in here: http://passionateteams.com/e/journaling-fur-scrum-master-ein-interview-mit-cosima-laube/